Parents’ Drop-Off of Pupils in school
There is no change to the school policy with regard to you driving your child to school. You can still drive into the school compound till 7.25 am during non-rainy days and till 7.40 am on rainy days. If it rains during dismissal, you may drive into the school compound to fetch your child except for the time stated below, where there should be no vehicular movement in or out of the school as the main gate will be closed:-
- from 1.35 pm to 2.00 pm and from 4.35 pm to 5.00 pm on Mondays & Fridays;
- from 1.05 pm to 1.30 pm on Wednesdays
- from 2.05 pm to 2.30 pm and from 4.05 pm to 4.30 pm on Tuesdays;
- from 2.05 pm to 2.30 pm and from 4.35 pm to 5.00 pm on Thursdays
The extension of the Multi-Purpose School Hall is now completed and you can alight your children in front of the foyer.
You can also alight or fetch your child at the side gate near Block 514 so that it will help to ease the traffic conditions along Jurong West Street 52, especially in the morning. Parents who arrive after 7.25 am would need to drop their child off at the side gate near Block 514 as the main gates will be closed.
We would like to take this opportunity to remind parents of the following safety issues, as advised by LTA:
Points to note when driving your child to school
- Please do not alight your child outside the school’s main gate.
- Please follow the directional signs, speed limit and markers set within the school compound. These are set up to ensure that traffic flow within the school is smooth.
- Please do not drive in a manner which will pose a threat to the other road users and our pupils within our school compound.
- Parking in front of the school main gate is inconsiderate as it causes obstruction and endangers the safety of other school children and road users as well.
- Should there be a need for you to make a right turn while exiting the school, please alight your child/children at the side gate near Block 514 instead.
Points to note when walking your child to school
- Set a good example by crossing the road at designated pedestrian crossings.
- Do not cross when the “green man” starts to flash.
- Always be alert when crossing the road and practise the kerb drill.
- Do not cross in between parked vehicles or in front of a bus
- Do not stand too close to the side of the road
- Do not use electronic devices when crossing the road.
As the safety of our children is of utmost importance, your kind understanding and support towards our safety measures put in place would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.